What Is a Wellcare Medicare Advantage HMO Plan?
Medicare beneficiaries each have different needs, and that’s why Wellcare offers a variety of Medicare Advantage plans to a diverse population of beneficiaries.
All Medicare Advantage plans, including Wellcare Medicare Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans, are required to cover the same benefits as Original Medicare (Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B). You can shop for Wellcare plans that cover extra benefits that Original Medicare doesn’t cover, such as dental, vision, hearing, prescription drugs and other services and items.
A Wellcare Medicare Advantage HMO plan offers coordinated care, where your doctors and other health care providers within the plan network take a team approach to your care.
- You’ll choose a primary care physician (PCP) who you will see for your initial appointments and for most of your general health care.
- If your primary care physician determines you need additional care from a specialist, they will help coordinate a referral visit for you with a specialist form the plan network.
You may be able to visit providers outside of the network with a referral, but your savings will be maximized when staying inside the plan provider network for care.
What Are the Advantages of an HMO Plan?
Many HMO members may enjoy the group focus of their care.
With a Wellcare Medicare Advantage HMO plan:
- Your care is typically received in-network, and you typically won’t need to file claims for your in-network health services.
- You’ll establish a relationship with a primary care physician who can get to know you and your medical history.
- You’ll enjoy having a plan that includes an emphasis on preventive care.
Plus, HMO plans typically come with lower monthly premiums than some other types of Medicare Advantage plans.
How Much Do Wellcare Medicare Advantage HMO Plans Cost?
Many Wellcare Medicare Advantage plans offer $0 or low premiums, low deductibles and $0 or low copays for certain services.
And with Wellcare Medicare Advantage plans, you could get some, or all, of your Medicare Part B premium added back to your Social Security check each month. You could also get $200-$2,500 in extra dental, vision or hearing care every year with our Visa Flex card.1
Wellcare Medicare Advantage HMO plans – like all Medicare Advantage plans – feature an annual out-of-pocket spending limit. This can help protect you from potentially high out-of-pocket health care costs and surprise medical bills. Once you reach your plan’s annual spending limit, your plan pays for 100% of the costs for covered care for the remainder of the year.
What Do Wellcare Medicare Advantage HMO Plans Cover?
Wellcare Medicare Advantage HMO plans cover all of the inpatient and outpatient care benefits included by Medicare Part A and Part B.
In addition, you can shop for Wellcare Medicare HMO plans that may cover:
- Prescription drugs
- Dental coverage for services like exams, extractions and dentures
- Vision coverage for services like exams, eyeglasses or contact lenses
- Hearing coverage for services like exams, fittings and hearing aids
- Free transportation to medical appointments and pharmacies
- Fitness and wellness programs
- Over-the-counter health items
- Personal emergency response systems
- Home safety devices and modifications
- In-home support services
When Can You Sign Up for a Wellcare Medicare Advantage HMO?
You may sign up for a Wellcare Medicare Advantage HMO plan during your Initial Enrollment Period (IEP), which typically begins three months before you turn 65 years old, includes your birthday month and lasts for another three months, for a total of seven consecutive months.
You may also be able to enroll in a Wellcare Medicare Advantage HMO during the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), which is also called the fall Medicare open enrollment period. This enrollment period takes place from October 15 to December 7 each year.
Certain beneficiaries may even be able to enroll during a Medicare Special Enrollment Period (SEP) following a qualifying life event such as moving to a new area or losing employer coverage.
How Can I Enroll in a Wellcare Medicare Advantage HMO Plan?
We’re here to simplify your Medicare shopping experience and help you learn about the Wellcare Medicare Advantage plans available where you live. We can help you compare local Medicare Advantage plans side by side so you can find the Wellcare plan that works for you.