Why Should I Visit Wellcare Medicare Providers?
Visiting a Wellcare Medicare provider will typically save you money on your care.
Wellcare Medicare Advantage (also called Medicare Part C) plans commonly come in two types of plans: HMO (Health Maintenance Organization) or PPO (Preferred Provider Organization).
- In an HMO plan, your care is coordinated among the providers within the Wellcare network. This team approach allows your primary care physician to better communicate your needs to specialists and other providers, and it helps create a more personalized level of care.
If you get care from a doctor who isn’t part of the Wellcare Medicare provider network, it may not be covered by your plan, and you might have to pay the full cost of the visit.
- With a PPO plan, you may have more freedom to visit Medicare providers who are not part of the Wellcare network. Unlike an HMO, a PPO plan does not require you to obtain a referral from your primary care physician to go outside of the network for care.
If you visit a Medicare provider who isn’t part of your Wellcare plan network, however, you may be required to pay higher out-of-pocket costs than you would if you visited a Wellcare Medicare provider.
What Medicare Providers Do Wellcare Medicare Plans Cover?
Wellcare Medicare plans cover a wide range of health care providers.
The types of providers that may be part of your Wellcare plan network can include, but aren’t limited to:
- Primary care physicians and other general practitioners
- Geriatric medicine specialists
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Infectious disease specialists
Wellcare Medicare plans that cover dental, vision, hearing and prescription drugs may also offer savings when you visit providers or pharmacies who are part of the Wellcare network.
Do I Need to See a Wellcare Medicare Provider for Emergency Care?
You do not have to visit a Wellcare network provider for emergency care. In the case of an emergency, you may visit any emergency room (ER) that accepts Original Medicare.
Will My Doctor Accept a Wellcare Medicare Advantage Plan?
We’re here to simplify your Medicare shopping experience and help you learn about the Wellcare Medicare Advantage plans available where you live.
We can help you find out if your doctor accepts a Wellcare Medicare plan available where you live so you can find the Wellcare plan that works for you.